Our Everest basecamp trek is a great introductory lodge trek that offers sensational mountain views and an insight into the lives of the Sherpa people. After exploring the temples, shrines, bazaars and restaurants of Kathmandu we take an exciting mountain flight to Lukla and trek up the Dudh Kosi Valley, surrounded by the soaring peaks of Thamserku and Kusum Kanguru. It’s a steep ascent to Namche Bazaar, capital of the Kumbu Sherpas, where we are again greeted by spectacular mountain vistas. A rest day here aids acclimatization and there are great optional walks to enjoy the area. We then follow the trail to famous Tengboche, located high on a ridge where a magnificent 360-degree panorama awaits. The views of Everest, the Lhotse-Nuptse Wall, Ama Dablam and Kantega dominate this peaceful and spiritual location – surely one of the most tranquil and inspiring places in the world.
While passing Buddhist monasteries, views of Everest get closer every day. This stunning trek visits both, Everest base camp and KalaPatthar (5555m), a viewpoint recognised as the best vantage point to see Mount Everest which is a premier goal for many adventurous walkers in the Himalayas. After trekking to base camp and Kalapatthar we return at our leisurely pace back to Namche and Lukla for our return flight to Kathmandu.
Highlights of the Trip
Accommodation:- Hotel in cities /teahouse or camping in Trek
Best time to visit:- September to December / March to May
Elevation up to:- 5643 m /kalapathar
Trek start:- Lukla
Trek end:- Lukla
Group size:- 1+
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport, we will meet and transfer to hotel.Welcome Dinner.
Day 02: Trip briefing and Trek preparing (Kathmandu city tour option)
Day 03:Fly to Tenzing and Hillary Airport in Lukla (2804 meters) from Kathmandu, trek to Phakding (2610 meters) 3 hours walk .
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3441 meters) 5 hours walk .
Day 05: Namche Bazaar Acclimatization day. Hike to Everest view point .
Day 06: Trek to Tengboche Monastery (3860 meters) 5 hours walk .
Day 07: Trek to Dingboche (4350 meters) 6 hours walk ..
Day 08: Day hike to Chhukung valley (4710 meters) and trek back to Dingboche. 4 hours walk.
Day 09: Trek to Lobuche (4910 meters) 5 hours walk.
Day 10: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5365 meters) then back to Gorak Shep. 8 hours walk .
Day 11: Hike up to Kalapatthar (5643 meters) early in the morning then trek down to Periche (4200 meters). 7 hours walk.
Day 12: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3441 meters) 6 hours walk.
Day 13: Trek to Lukla (2804 meters) 6 hours walk .
Day 14: Morning flight from Lukla to Kathmandu.
Day 15: Departure /joining in other tour
• All private transportation.
• Hotel accommodation with breakfast in Kathmandu.
• There Time Meals a day Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner during the trek.
• Tea house accommodation during the trek
• Both way flight to/from Lukla
• Gov. Licensed experienced helpful and friendly guide and porters.
• Trekking map and trip achievement certificate.
• First aid medical kit (with the guide).
• Sagarmatha national park Permits and TIMS fee.
• Welcome and Farewell dinner.
• Government taxes & office service charge.
• International air fare to and from Kathmandu.
• Nepal entry visa.
• Lunch and evening meals in cities, except the trek (and also
the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled
• Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or because of
early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain (due
to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
• Travel and rescue insurance.
• Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery
recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
• Tips for drivers, guides and porter.